- An Instrument Loan may include a ‘primary’ musical instrument plus supplementary items; for example: 1 electric guitar + 1 guitar amplifier + 1 patch cable + music/instruction book and/or other accessories = 1 instrument loan
- Instrument loans are for a maximum of 6 weeks duration. (Exception: Drum Set loans are 12 weeks duration.)
- Loan Renewals may be allowed (conditional on no ‘reserve’ having been placed on the instrument by another Patron). Requests for renewals must be made by the MILL Patron to the Stirling MILL staff. This may be done in person at the MILL during MILL operating hours or through the Loan Renewal form (below) on or before the due date for the instrument loan. The ‘call numbers’ identifying each item in the loan must be specified along with your statement confirming all component items of the loan are well cared for and being maintained in good condition.
- Check Out, Returns and Renewals of all instrument loans are processed through the Stirling-Rawdon Public Library’s operating system. Patrons will receive automated email notification at time of check out, 2 days before loans are due for return/renewal, and to notify Overdue Loan status on their account.
- Instrument loans may be returned to the MILL’s location at Stirling-Rawdon Public Library at any time during regular Stirling Public Library operating hours (Tuesday to Thursday 10 am – 7 pm, Friday & Saturday 10 am – 3 pm) or to any of the MILL’s Partner Libraries during that Library’s regular operating hours on (or before) the loan’s due date. Loan Returns must be checked in with Library staff at that Library's circulation desk.
Charges on Overdue Loans will be assessed at: $1 per day, per instrument loan ($5 per week) up to a maximum of $60. Non-payment of OD charges will cause the Patron account to be ‘blocked’ until the amount is paid or the account balance cleared by MILL staff.